Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 June 2012

The Scar Project...Fighting cancer all the way.

I first heard of this on Facebook, so I looked them up and was so moved by what I saw, that I wanted to share it with you.


The SCAR Project is a series of large-scale portraits of young breast cancer survivors shot by fashion photographer David Jay. Primarily an awareness raising campaign, The SCAR Project puts a raw, unflinching face on early onset breast cancer while paying tribute to the courage and spirit of so many brave young women










Click on the arrow in the middle of the box below & as you listen to this stunningly beautiful song, please read the words.





Dedicated to the more than 10,000 women under the age of 40 who will be diagnosed this year alone, The SCAR Project is an exercise in awareness, hope, reflection and healing.  The mission is three-fold: raise public consciousness of early-onset breast cancer, raise funds for breast cancer research/outreach programs and help young survivors see their scars, faces, figures and experiences through a new, honest and ultimately empowering lens.




2 comments:

  1. They are Beautiful scars for they are the evidence of life, quiet strength, roaring fighting spirit and courage - the true essence of all that is woman.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree. I hope I would be as brave if it happened to me. These photographs are inspirational. x

      Delete