Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Preparing For Christmas With Vintage Vic...Part 3





 Stayed up late last night, decorating the Christmas tree. I am quite pleased with it. Every year I struggle with one question...Tinsel or no tinsel? I remember as a child, being so excited about the sparkle of the tinsel on the tree. I have seen pictures of trees decorated with tinsel, that look wonderful.

Picture taken from trendzona.com
This is not our tree!



However, when I have tried it, my tree just looks a mess! So, no tinsel then!


I started with the lights. White ones. Loads of the bulbs have gone, so I shall have to sort that out soon, but they look ok.

Then I added the other decorations. I do not go in for smart trees, with a colour theme, I like as much variety as possible! We have built up quite a collection over the years, but I did not use everything we have this year!
Every year I say we have enough decorations and don't need to buy any more...Every year we do!! This year is no exception! I bought these lovely little vintage glittery Santas...


We also bought a few other bits to decorate our home...but more on that later!


Once the fairy was sitting proudly on top of the tree, lights twinkling, it was time to tackle the rest of the house. 
No room is missed. I remember as a child, feeling sad when I went into the bathroom, because it wasn't Christmas in there! So, I'm afraid every room gets the festive treatment!

Here are a few of my favourite bits from our decorations at home this year...




This is our dresser. Our downstairs area is open plan, so it can be seen from every angle! You can just catch a peek at our tree too. It is a real one, I am not keen on artificial trees, because I like the pine smell!





I filled my lovely cake stand with festive baubles. The treats tin is a vintage treasure I have had for a few years now. The honeycomb snowman, in the pink hat is new. Well, no actually it is vintage, from the 1960s I think, but I only bought it this year. I absolutely love it!!






The wonderful little candle holding angels I bought from America. This was also this year. The picture is an adorable Christmas card from the 1950s. I set it in a mount, painted the frame red and added glitter. Then put it all together and I am thrilled with the result!






I bought this shabby chic picture frame a few years ago, from someone in America, on Etsy, just before they became fashionable and started to appear everywhere!! The picture is a greetings card, not vintage this time, but the picture is vintage style and I love it!






These little snowmen were bought at a craft fair. The candle holder I found for sale for next to nothing. A real bargain, but it does not look cheap.






Another framed 1950s card!







We bought this little side table a few years ago, at a boot fair. I love it. For Christmas, it is covered with another vintage treasure. A 1970s hand embroidered cloth, that I bought from America, on Etsy a few years ago. The big bowl will be filled with fruit, the little tub will hold chocolates. We love Dopey in this family, so each year we bring out Santa Dopey and Elf Dopey. Both from the Disney store. My husband in particular gets excited about this!












I have mixed in some Christmas bits, with my vintage china display.






A few vintage baubles in the kitchen.


So, the house is ready for the big day, even if I am not!!

V Vx























No comments:

Post a Comment